Savory Pockets with Bacon, Dates & Goat Cheese
ready to bake pie dough, cut into 4 inch squares
2 Tbs unsalted butter
1/3 cup hickory smoked bacon, cut into thin strips and rendered crisp
1/3 cup medjool dates; pitted and minced
1/2 cup thinly-sliced sweet onion, sauteed and cooled
2 Tbs brown sugar
6 Tbs goat cheese
2 whole eggs, mixed with water to create egg wash
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF
2. In a mixing bowl combine the following and mix well: cooked bacon, minced dates, sauteed onion, brown sugar and goat cheese
3. Divide mixture between the dough squares, place filling into the middle of the dough.
4. Brush edges with egg wash, fold dough into triangle and seal edges. Brush with additional egg wash.
5. Place into oven and bake for 12-16 minutes or until golden brown and heated through.
6. Remove from oven, let rest 5-8 minutes and then serve.