Persimmon Breakfast Bread
2 fuyu persimmons
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds), coarsely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 325ºF. Spray a 9 x 5-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray. In a food processor pulse persimmons until finely chopped. Add baking soda and pulse an additional 2-3 times. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, whisk to combine flour, cinnamon, salt, cranberries, and pepitas.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar. Add oil and mix thoroughly. Whisk persimmons into egg mixture. Fold in flour mixture. Pour batter into prepared pan.
4. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean. Allow to rest 5 minutes in pan before turning out onto a baking rack to cool completely.
1. Make muffins instead of bread. Baking time should be about 17-23 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
2. Substitute pumpkin pie spice for the cinnamon for even more holiday flavor!