Mediterranean Leg of Lamb with Tahini Sauce
1 Open Nature® Boneless Leg of Lamb (approx. 3 lbs)
3 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
3 Tbs Za’atar seasoning
1/3 cup tahini
1/4 cup lemon juice
3 Tbs olive oil
pinch crushed red chile flakes
1 Tbs minced garlic
1/2 cup finely-chopped parsley (half for sauce, half for garnish)
1. Preheat oven to 395ºF.
2. Dress leg of lamb with olive oil and season with za'atar seasoning. Insert insta-read digital thermometer probe at this time.
3. Put lamb into the oven, roast for 45-60 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 138ºF for medium-rare.
4. Remove from oven and let rest 20 minutes before carving.
5. Prepare Tahini sauce: In food processor or blender, combine the tahini, lemon juice, chile flakes, garlic and parsley. Blend smooth.
6. Carve lamb as thin as possible. Plate on large platter and garnish with tahini sauce and chopped parsley.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.