Gluten-Free Cucumber Crostinis 3 Ways
2 English cucumbers
3/4 cup O Organics® original hummus
kale and feta topping:
1/4 cup chopped O Organics® kale
1 Tbs O Organics® crumbled feta
1 Tbs sundried tomatoes, minced
1/2 Tbs kalamata olives, minced
fresh tomato topping:
1/4 cup diced grape tomatoes
1 Tbs diced red onion
1/8 tsp kosher salt
curried coconut topping:
1/4 cup O Organics® unsweetened coconut flakes
1/2 tsp O Organics® curry powder
1 Tbs golden raisins, chopped
1. Slice cucumber into 1/4 to 1/2-inch rounds, leaving the peel on. Lay each cucumber slice flat. Using a teaspoon measurement, carefully scoop a little of the center portion of each cucumber (to make room for hummus).
2. Fill the center of each cucumber slice with 1 teaspoon hummus.
3. In 3 small bowls, combine the separate toppings: in the first, mix together chopped kale, feta, sun-dried tomatoes and olives. In the second bowl, mix fresh tomatoes, red onion and salt. In the third, combine coconut, curry and raisins.
4. On top of the hummus layer of each cucumber bite, scoop 1-2 teaspoons of desired topping. Repeat for each cucumber bite until all cucumbers are topped.
5. Place on a serving platter and serve immediately!
Toppings may be whatever you enjoy and have on hand. Another delicious and festive topping is roasted pine nuts, pomegranates and chopped herbs.
Cucumbers may be sliced and scooped ahead of time, but it's best to top them right before serving.
Add a chopped herb (such as flat-leaf parsley or thyme) to the fresh tomato topping for a pop of holiday color.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.